Subscribe to:
11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ian Wood
Ian Wood's picture
Epic in Exmouth, December 10th (renamed)

Chris (North Devon, formerly Redruth) and Darren (Bristol) are looking to do an informal gaming session, probably in early August.

Very provisionally, this would be at 7th Heaven in Weston Super Mare, Saturday 6th August, unless we can find a venue that's more mid-way between Bristol and Exeter.

Edited by Ian Wood on 2016-07-27 10:25
Ian Wood
Ian Wood's picture

I'll contact Steve at Clifton Road Games about this, as it may be possible to get people to come to Exeter.

Ian Wood
Ian Wood's picture

OK, it looks like anything in August isn't going to happen.

However Exmouth Imperials are holding a joint 40k/Battlefleet Gothic/Epic gaming day on Saturday 10th December and are open to non-members joining in.

Venue address:
Liverton Copse Community Centre
Prince of Wales Drive
Exmouth
EX8 4SW

Directions: https://www.bing.com/maps/default.aspx?v=2&pc=FACEBK&mid=8100&rtp=%7Epos...

Ian Wood
Ian Wood's picture

Brett from the Exmouth Imperials will be dropping by this Tuesday evening around quarter to seven to discuss organisation for the Epic and 40k day. Richard, Paul and Paul?

Ian Wood
Ian Wood's picture

Brett can't make it tomorrow, so he's going to drop by another week.

Richard Deane

Shame, thanks for the updates on this.

Brett Andrews

Hi all

I apologise that I couldn't make to your club last Tuesday, but real life intervened.

Thank you for your interest in taking part in the Epic game at the Exmouth club on the 10th December. The current plan is a Chaos attack on an Imperial planet, as we have enough 40K and Battle Fleet Gothic kit to do that easily. However, as a non-Epic player myself, I would like to establish if between you, there will be sufficient forces available to accommodate a game for a whole day with around 8-10 players please?

I have a couple of Exmouth players who would like to join in with the Epic game please.

Kind Regards

Brett

Brett Andrews

Exmouth Imperial Wargames Club Secretary

Ian Wood
Ian Wood's picture

As mentioned on FB, I have 5-6,000 points of painted Death Guard and can have more ready by then to be shared amongst a few players.

As a club we have a 3k Dark Angels force.

Paul H has Blood Angels (and some Orks?).

Paul T has White Scars and some Orks.

I also have a fair number of Eldar that could be used, plus some Imperial fortifications that can be painted up by then.

Brett Andrews

Ok thanks Ian. It would seem that you have the Epic forces covered then!

What points level per side would you feel appropriate for the day? I've never played Epic, so I have no idea to be honest.

Brett Andrews

Exmouth Imperial Wargames Club Secretary

Ian Wood
Ian Wood's picture

A standard full game is 3k but it works well for around 2-6k. Anything bigger as a single game gets a bit bogged down but we could either split the tables up or use one of the online variants for multiple players per side which speed things up.

Ian Wood
Ian Wood's picture

PDF with mission and special rules: http://ijw.on-rev.com/temp/gaming/siege_exmouth_v1.pdf