Subscribe to:
168 posts / 0 new
Last post
Richard Deane

That's not a list I want to be stuck in front of. Not that anything will last long if stuck in front of it.

Sometimes subtle isn't necessary. So long as there's enough flexibility to adapt, which is all those tokens and engine techs I suspect you will have.

Alex

I'm leaning more toward the Neb list just because its more fun/ wheels out the Nebs!

Richard Deane

You're welcome to play whatever you like on the day.

Alex

Came up with this as a Konstantine counter/ super flexible list for other admirals - allows speed changes of up to three levels per turn!

[ REBEL FLEET (382 points)
1 • MC30c Torpedo Frigate - Mon Mothma - Major Derlin - Ordnance Experts - Assault Proton Torpedoes - XI7 Turbolasers - Foresight (123)
2 • MC30c Torpedo Frigate - Walex Blissex - Ordnance Experts - Assault Proton Torpedoes - XI7 Turbolasers - Admonition (91)
3 • Modified Pelta-class Assault Ship - Raymus Antilles - Engine Techs - Entrapment Formation! - External Racks (79)
4 • CR90 Corellian Corvette B - Leading Shots - Dodonna's Pride (49)
5 • GR-75 Medium Transports - Comms Net (20)
6 • GR-75 Medium Transports - Comms Net (20)

Richard Deane

What you're saying is that I need slicer tools?

Joking aside the list looks a very effective counter to Konstantine. I must admit that I'm leaning back towards my original build with an ISD and interdictor backed up by a swarm of squadrons. I'd forgotten that the big benefit we'd found with that build was because the squadrons were often rogue and sort of countered the activation advantage you usually had over the fleet.

Richard Deane

Been looking at Sloane again. Noticed an odd interaction that's got me wondering if it reads right. Back to stations and ending moves on it. However instead of ships this is in regards to squadrons.

Phantoms can move at the end of the squadron phase due to their cloak rule. By the letter of the rule if they do so and end on a station does this mean they heal? Relatedly do this also apply if you move squadrons due to squall and/or fighter co-ordination team? Seems a bit...abusable...

Alex

Maybe one for the rules forum but looking at the timings it seems fine? Move with Squall to regenerate one point... then Fighter Co.Team to move off, then Phantom them back on for another point. Abusable but also hard to set up (needs Squall, FC Team and Phantoms, plus the squadron battle happening almost on the station).

Dissertation woes are bearing down on me this week but can squeeze in a single game if you can?

Alex

Looking to field something along the lines of this:

REBEL FLEET (386 points)
1 • MC30c Torpedo Frigate - Mon Mothma - Lando Calrissian - Ordnance Experts - Assault Proton Torpedoes - XI7 Turbolasers - Foresight (120)
2 • MC30c Torpedo Frigate - Walex Blissex - Ordnance Experts - Assault Proton Torpedoes - XI7 Turbolasers - Admonition (91)
3 • Modified Pelta-class Assault Ship - Raymus Antilles - Entrapment Formation! (68)
4 • GR-75 Medium Transports - Comms Net (20)
6 • GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
7 • CR90 Corellian Corvette B - Leading Shots - Dodonna's Pride (49)

Or this:

[ REBEL FLEET (387 points)
1 • MC30c Torpedo Frigate - General Cracken - Ordnance Experts - Assault Proton Torpedoes - XI7 Turbolasers - Foresight (112)
3 • Modified Pelta-class Assault Ship - Raymus Antilles - Entrapment Formation! - External Racks (71)
4 • GR-75 Medium Transports - Slicer Tools (25)
6 • GR-75 Medium Transports - Comms Net (20)
7 • Hammerhead Torpedo Corvette - Cham Syndulla - External Racks - Garel's Honor (48)

Richard Deane

Sorry to hear that the dissertation could be going better. I'm up got a game if you want though.

The lists look quite interesting. The complete opposite of what I've been playing around with. Could make for an interesting conflict.

One's a Konstantine list and the other is Sloane.

ISD2 with Admiral Konstantine, relentless title, Admiral Montferrat, Gunnery teams, electronic countermeasures and XI7 turbo-lasers

Interdictor with Interdictor title, G-8 experimental projector and grav-shift reroute.

7x Firespray-31s

Missions for the above are Precision strike, fighter ambush and dangerous territory.

Second lists is:

ISD2 with Admiral Sloane, wing commander, avenger title, gunnery teams, expanded hanger bay, electronic countermeasures, spinal armament and MS-1 ion cannons

Quasar-Fire1 with stronghold title, minister Tua, electronic countermeasures, expanded hanger bay, boosted comms and flight controllers.

Howlrunner
Major Rhymer
4x Tie interceptors
4x Tie phantoms

Missions for this one are Station assault, fighter ambush and superior positions.

Both lists are 400pts on the dot.

Domo

Having chatted with Rich at the end of the night, I am very much interested in the giant game in a couple of weeks :)

I will be leading 400pts of Vader fleet! List to come at some point...

:: Aspect of Aleph ::
Playing:
Infinity WarmaHordes Batman/Marvel
Star Wars X-Wing/Armada

Richard Deane

I have already come up with an initial build for Jerjerrod's 400pt fleet. Currently it is as follows.

Interdictor with interdictor title, projection experts, grav shift reroute and targeting scrambler
Gozanti with repair crews
4x Arquiten light cruisers with turbo-laser reroute circuits.

Domo

Alex, Do you have 1 or 2 ISD's?

Playing:
Star Wars X-Wing/Armada

Richard Deane

He has 2 ISDs.

Alex

Hi, sorry for late reply, as per Rich!

This is roughly what Im doing for Dodonna (crit machines!) who will doing the heavy lifting for the whole fleet:

[ REBEL FLEET (384 points)
1 • MC80 Battle Cruiser - General Dodonna - Raymus Antilles - Gunnery Team - Engine Techs - Leading Shots - Spinal Armament - XX-9 Turbolasers (163)
2 • MC30c Torpedo Frigate - Ordnance Experts - Assault Proton Torpedoes - XI7 Turbolasers - Admonition (86)
3 • MC30c Torpedo Frigate - Ordnance Experts - Assault Proton Torpedoes - XI7 Turbolasers - Foresight (86)
4 • CR90 Corellian Corvette B - Leading Shots - Dodonna's Pride (49)

Still toying with the Rieekan fleet - hard to build around "whats dies well?" ha ha

Domo

Hmmmm, simple and (hopefully) effective....

[ EMPIRE FLEET (400 points)
1 • Imperial II-class Star Destroyer - Darth Vader - Captain Needa - Leading Shots - Relentless (165)
2 • Imperial I-class Star Destroyer - Devastator (120)
3 • Imperial I-class Star Destroyer - Avenger (115)

Playing:
Star Wars X-Wing/Armada

Alex

Im thinking Rieekan Zombie cruiser for the second fleet, a la:

[ REBEL FLEET (396 points)
1 • MC80 Assault Cruiser - General Rieekan - Walex Blissex - Engineering Team - Electronic Countermeasures - Reinforced Blast Doors - Leading Shots - XI7 Turbolasers - Defiance (181)
2 • Modified Pelta-class Assault Ship - Lando Calrissian - Projection Experts - Shields to Maximum! - Expanded Launchers (85)
3 • GR-75 Medium Transports - Comms Net - Phylon Q7 Tractor Beams (26)
4 • Nebulon-B Support Refit - Intel Officer - Projection Experts - Spinal Armament - Redemption (81)
5 • GR-75 Medium Transports - Leia Organa - Comms Net (23

Im not completely sold on it yet, but engineering 6 for the cruiser with potentially 5 bonus shields a turn could be fun.

Loving the Evading ISD btw Dom! :D

Domo

Vader happens to have a nimble helmsman.... who knew? :P

Playing:
Star Wars X-Wing/Armada